Finding Dementia Caregivers in Ocean County
Being a caregiver for an individual living with dementia takes extreme generosity and patience. Loved ones who take on this responsibility are not always trained adequately for the job, which leads to overall health and financial complications – 1 in 2 loved ones report their finances or career being negatively impacted because of caregiving responsibilities. Unfortunately, the number of individuals living with dementia continues to skyrocket in America. As the total increases, so does the need for properly trained caregivers in dementia care.
Family caregivers do not have to be the only quality care option – there are trained professionals in the dementia care field to assist you when burnout is feeling inevitable. A multitude of care options, from long-term to respite care, exist for the different stages and unique cases of dementia.
Home To Stay’s ELITE Program is New Jersey’s only certified provider of the AlzBetter method of in-home care for seniors. We offer the best Alzheimer’s and dementia care in the New Jersey areas of: Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, Salem, and – now – Monmouth and Ocean counties because we believe that people living with dementia still have feelings, desires, wants and needs.
Home To Stay’s Philosophy:
- Treat them with the respect they deserve.
- Create a day that is enjoyable and provides meaning and purpose. By having them participate in essential activities (eating, bathing, toileting etc.) along with productive and wellness activities (when appropriate), it builds self esteem and allows the person to feel as though they can still participate in life. These positive feelings contribute to an overall level of satisfaction which reduces behavior problems and leads to an overall happier person.
- Our assessment is incredibly detailed and goes all the way back to a person’s childhood in order to come up with activities which offer the right amount of stimulation and are of interest to the participants. We don’t force them to do activities that are too difficult, too child-like or have no interest to them.
- Constantly monitor the progress of the disease so that we can adapt daily tasks and activities to be appropriate for the current level of dementia.
- Realize that there are often root causes to problematic behaviors rather than simply blaming it on the disease. We attempt to figure out these causes and come up with solutions which address the problems. This can often lead to less need for medication, restraints or institutionalization.
With our 30+ years of home care experience, we are bringing a level of dementia care that has never previously existed. Our team of memory care specialists undergo the highest level of training and offer empathy, understanding and most importantly a plan.
The ideal Home To Stay caregiver does not choose this profession for the money that they earn. They view being an aide as an opportunity to help and connect with others. Caregivers helping others provides intrinsic benefits that go above and beyond monetary benefits.